The online DVD and streaming rental provider which keeps announcing Big Media deal after deal also announced today that it now has 20 million subscribers and expects to have perhaps as many as 23 million by the end of 2011’s first quarter. But the real news is that Netflix blew past Wall Street’s forecasts with its 2010’s fourth-quarter profits jumping 52% with earnings of $47M (compared to $31M a year ago). Revenue rose 34% to $596M.
Netflix 2010 4th-Quarter Profit Jumps 52%
What's Hot on Deadline
Shocker: 'Mamma Mia 2' Meets B.O. Waterloo As 'Equalizer 2' Is The No. 1 Winner That Takes It All With $35M+
Kurt Sutter Revs 'Mayans M.C.' Past 'Sons Of Anarchy's Shadow, Border Politics, Being Outspoken In A #MeToo Moment & Trump's Tiny Hands: Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Supernatural Horror Feature ‘e-Demon’ Scores U.S. Distribution Via Dark Cut Pictures
- Venice Critics’ Week: Anna Eriksson Debut ‘M’, Indian Fantasy ‘Tumbbad’ In 2018 Mix
- Bradley Cooper’s ‘A Star Is Born’ Confirm For Venice Fest After First Hollywood Screening Impresses Exhibitors…
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.