NBC has given a pilot order to 17th Precinct, an ensemble cop drama with supernatural elements from Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ron Moore. The project, from Sony Pictures TV where Moore is under an overall deal, has been described as an adult Harry Potter. It is set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science. The pitch for the drama landed at NBC in September with a big commitment that reportedly included pilot and series penalties totaling close to $2 million. This is the second drama pilot pickup for NBC this season, following the recent green light to Playboy.
NBC Picks Up Ron Moore Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Paramount Titles James Cameron Produced 'Terminator' Sequel; Pic Will Stay Put On Nov. 1 Against 'Charlie's Angels'
Despite The Tabloid Tie To Kevin Tsujihara, Actress Charlotte Kirk Wants A Chance To Be Judged By Her Onscreen Work
Latest TV News
- Ryan Phillippe To Headline CBS’ Frankenstein Pilot ‘Alive’, Katrina Law & Aaron Staton Also Star
- Lucy Liu Developing ‘Unsung Heroes’ Female-Focused Anthology Series With ABC Studios International
- Netflix Orders ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ Limited Series From Scott Frank; Anya Taylor-Joy To Star
- 'The Twilight Zone': Chris O’Dowd To Star In Episode Of CBS All Access Reboot
- CAPE Teams With Adele Lim, Daniel Chun, Walter Hamada And Others For Annual New Writers Fellowship
- Cheryl Hines Signs With ICM Partners