NBC has given a pilot order to 17th Precinct, an ensemble cop drama with supernatural elements from Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ron Moore. The project, from Sony Pictures TV where Moore is under an overall deal, has been described as an adult Harry Potter. It is set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science. The pitch for the drama landed at NBC in September with a big commitment that reportedly included pilot and series penalties totaling close to $2 million. This is the second drama pilot pickup for NBC this season, following the recent green light to Playboy.
NBC Picks Up Ron Moore Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Latest TV News
- Claire Foy To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Steve Carell’s Jeff Bezos Trolls Donald Trump In ‘Saturday Night Live’ Skit
- The Only Reboot ‘Scrubs’ Creator Bill Lawrence Would Consider Is A Movie
- ‘The Office’ Alums Join Steve Carell For Reunion On ‘SNL’, Urge Him To Do Reboot
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘SNL’ Cold Open: Kate McKinnon’s Laura Ingraham Scrapes The Fox News Barrel