NBC has given a pilot order to 17th Precinct, an ensemble cop drama with supernatural elements from Battlestar Galactica developer/executive producer Ron Moore. The project, from Sony Pictures TV where Moore is under an overall deal, has been described as an adult Harry Potter. It is set in the fictional town of Excelsior where magic and supernatural elements rule over science. The pitch for the drama landed at NBC in September with a big commitment that reportedly included pilot and series penalties totaling close to $2 million. This is the second drama pilot pickup for NBC this season, following the recent green light to Playboy.
NBC Picks Up Ron Moore Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Alyssa Milano Comes Forward With #WhyIDidntReport Story: "It Meant Recognizing My Attacker’s Existence"
'Shark Tank' Judges And Producers Spill Secrets On Eve Of 200th Episode: "I'm Surprised More Entrepreneurs Don't Bomb" - Tribeca TV Festival
Latest TV News
- ‘The Bi-Life’: E! Unveils First-Look & Premiere Date For Courtney Act-Fronted Reality Series
- BBC Drama ‘Bodyguard’ Blows Up With 47.9% Finale Share Ahead Of Netflix Launch
- Sky Cooks Up Comedy ‘Hitmen’ Starring Former ‘Bake Off’ Hosts Mel & Sue
- ITV & ‘Death In Paradise’ Producer Red Planet Developing Family Drama After Devin Doyle Picks Up Writing Prize
- John Oliver Blasts Brett Kavanaugh Supporters Trying To Assassinate Character Of Accusers
- Apple Taking Conservative Approach, Rejects Dr. Dre Streaming Series As Too Violent – Report