The National Society of Film Critics has voted The Social Network the year’s best picture today at the Gotham eatery Sardi’s. The group also named the film’s star, Jesse Eisenberg, best actor, gave best director honors to David Fincher, and honored Aaron Sorkin for best screenplay. While that put the critics group in the position of joining the crowd, they went in an intriguing direction when they chose Giovanna Mezzogiorno for best actress for her performance in Vincere. Supporting nods went to The King’s Speech star Geoffrey Rush and The Ghost Writer‘s Olivia Williams.
National Society Of Film Critics Really Likes 'The Social Network'
What's Hot on Deadline
Kelly Clarkson Syndicated Talk Show Set For Fall 2019 Launch On NBC Stations, Replaces Steve Harvey Talker
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Victims, DA Says
Chevy Chase Blasts 'Saturday Night Live', Will Ferrell, Tina Fey & Everyone Else Not Dan Aykroyd Or Gilda Radner
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
Latest Awardsline News
- Carrie Underwood, Imagine Dragons Set To Perform On American Music Awards
- Emmys 2018: Executive Red Carpet Arrivals Photo Gallery
- Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriter 2018 Winners Unveiled
- TV’s Past And Future Collide As Betty White, The Fonz, ‘SNL’, Marriage And Streaming Highlight A Weird…
- Emmys 2018: The Good, The Bad & The Proposal
- Netflix Stock Rises 5% After Streaming Platform’s Strong Emmy Night