The National Society of Film Critics has voted The Social Network the year’s best picture today at the Gotham eatery Sardi’s. The group also named the film’s star, Jesse Eisenberg, best actor, gave best director honors to David Fincher, and honored Aaron Sorkin for best screenplay. While that put the critics group in the position of joining the crowd, they went in an intriguing direction when they chose Giovanna Mezzogiorno for best actress for her performance in Vincere. Supporting nods went to The King’s Speech star Geoffrey Rush and The Ghost Writer‘s Olivia Williams.
National Society Of Film Critics Really Likes 'The Social Network'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
'Star Trek: Short Treks' Set On CBS All Access, 'Discovery' Season 2 Trailer Unveiled, Rebecca Romijn Joining The Cast - Comic-Con
Latest Awardsline News
- 2018 ESPYS – Danica Patrick Floors It In Her Opening Monologue
- Netflix Takes Top Awards Strategist Lisa Taback Off The Table
- 2019 Writers Guild Awards: WGA Sets Date & Timeline For 71st Trophy Show
- LA Film Festival Moves Into New Oscar-Season Berth With Diverse Programs, Partnerships
- Grammy Awards Sets 2019 Date In Los Angeles
- WGA Awards Tweaks TV Rules, Opens Submissions