The National Society of Film Critics has voted The Social Network the year’s best picture today at the Gotham eatery Sardi’s. The group also named the film’s star, Jesse Eisenberg, best actor, gave best director honors to David Fincher, and honored Aaron Sorkin for best screenplay. While that put the critics group in the position of joining the crowd, they went in an intriguing direction when they chose Giovanna Mezzogiorno for best actress for her performance in Vincere. Supporting nods went to The King’s Speech star Geoffrey Rush and The Ghost Writer‘s Olivia Williams.
National Society Of Film Critics Really Likes 'The Social Network'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Archival Quality’: Ghostly Graphic Novel Wins 5th Annual McDuffie Award
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Academy Crisis Averted; Spike Lee On 2 Words He Won’t Say; Is This Finally The Year For Oscar …
- ASC Boss Thanks Academy In New Open Letter As Hollywood Reacts To Oscars Rethink
- Oscars Last Call: Adam McKay’s ‘Vice’ Analyzed By ‘One Percent Doctrine’ Author Ron Suskind
- Antoine Fuqua Collaborators Sound Off On Working With Director Ahead Of Golden Reel Honor
- Civil Rights Activist Dolores Huerta On The Power Of Women In ‘Roma’ – Guest Column