EXCLUSIVE: Though it hasn’t yet been shopped to studios by Media Rights Capital, Neill Blomkamp’s District 9 followup Elysium is looking better and better. He’s just gotten Jodie Foster to commit and join Matt Damon and District 9‘s Sharlto Copley to the sci-fi film he wrote and will direct as his next project. Simon Kinberg is producing. Plot is being kept under wraps. Foster most recently completed directing and starring alongside Mel Gibson in The Beaver, which Summit Entertainment will release April 11. Foster is also starring alongside Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz and John C. Reilly in God of Carnage, the Roman Polanski-directed adaptation of Yasmina Reza’s Tony-winning play. Foster’s repped by ICM.
Jodie Foster Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- R. Kelly Indicted On 10 Felony Counts Of Aggravated Sexual Abuse With Minors
- Notes On The Season: New Jersey Bookies Betting On Oscar; ‘Roma’ Stars Bid Farewell To The Circuit; Tarantino Saves Film…
- Brody Stevens Dies: Stand-Up Comedian And Film/TV Actor Was 48
- Oscars Pregame Warmup: Watch Deadline’s Reviews Of All Eight Best Picture Nominees
- Oscars Ratings Drop Sees ABC Offering Advertisers Guarantees For First Time
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’, ‘Late Show’ Teams Win At Publicists Guild Awards