EXCLUSIVE: Media Rights Capital is negotiating to acquire Die in a Gunfight, a script by fresh-from-NYU scribes Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari that has Zac Efron attached to play a fight-prone and death-obsessed young society man who pursues a romance with the daughter of his father’s enemy. The film will be produced by Mark Gordon Co’s Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd, with Efron and Jason Barrett executive producers through Efron’s Ninjas Runnin’ Wild banner. Allyson Seeger and Jason Young will be co-producers. The writers are repped by WME and Prolific while Efron’s CAA and Alchemy.
Zac Efron Drama 'Die In A Gunfight' To MRC
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Teachers Strike Ends: Tentative Deal Reached After Days Of Final Bargaining Between Union & District
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- ‘Sopranos’ Prequel Film Finds Young Tony: Michael Gandolfini Is Chip Off Old Block
- ‘RBG’ Oscar Nomination Tops One Wild Year For Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- ‘The Favourite’ Producers On The Film’s 10 Oscar Nominations & The Changing Climate For Female Leads
- Spike Lee: Oscar Saga Links ‘Do The Right Thing’ & ‘BlacKkKlansman’
- ‘Tigerland’ Clip: Sundance Docu Explores Humanity’s Relationship With Endangered Species, Sets Premiere Date…
- Kaye Ballard Dies: TV, Film & Stage Veteran Who Starred In ‘The Mothers-In-Law’ Was 93