AMC’s breakout hit The Walking Dead ended its 6-episode first-season run with another series high. More than 6 million viewers tuned in last night for the closer, eclipsing the previous series high of 5.6 million posted the previous Sunday. In 18-49, the finale averaged 4 million, also a new record and the highest ever for a basic cable drama series. With a series average of 3.5 million adults 18-49, The Walking Dead also has become the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the demo. The series, based on Robert Kirkman’s comics, has already been renewed for a second season.
The 'Walking Dead' Finale Draws 6 Million
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest TV News
- Kamala Harris Officially Announces White House Run On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Fox & Friends’ Apologizes For Accidental Graphic Suggesting Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is Dead
- ITV Label Possessed Scores Bumper Order For ‘5 Gold Rings’ As Ex-Sky Chief Adam MacDonald Joins As Chairman
- ‘Dating No Filter’ Producer Lime Pictures Relocates Unscripted Exec Ben Crompton To LA To Bolster U.S. Expansion
- Super Bowl LIII Set, As New England Patriots Beat Kansas City Chiefs 37-31 In OT
- Los Angeles Rams Going To Super Bowl, Beat New Orleans Saints 26-23 In OT