EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Series Reboot With Black Lead In Works From Monica Owusu-Breen & Joss Whedon
Anthony Anderson Under LAPD Investigation; 'Black-ish' Actor "Unequivocally Disputes" Criminal Claim
'Star Trek: Short Treks' Set On CBS All Access, 'Discovery' Season 2 Trailer Unveiled, Rebecca Romijn Joining The Cast - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ Brings Manga To Life With Eye-Popping Footage In New Trailer – Comic-Con
- Sony Swings Into Hall H With New Footage, Characters From ‘Venom’ & ‘Spider-man: Into The Spider-Verse…
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Belting $41M+; ‘Equalizer 2’ Targets $34M – Late Friday Update
- ‘Bumblebee’ Brings ’80s Style To ‘Transformers’ Franchise & A “Prime” Guest Surprises Panel…
- Outfest Pic ‘Tucked’ Lands Gravitas Ventures Deal Ahead Of Premiere
- ‘Halloween’ Star Jamie Lee Curtis References #MeToo Movement, Says Franchise’s Longevity Is “Mind-Blowing”…