EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Spider-Verse' Catching $37M+, 'The Mule' Carrying Near $18M, 'Mortal Engines' Fails To Start With $7M+
'Andi Mack' Actor Stoney Westmoreland Fired By Disney Channel Following Arrest For Planning Liaison With 13-Year-Old
Jennifer Lawrence Blisters Harvey Weinstein's "Predatory Tactics"; Producer Calls Sundance Sexual Assault Suit "Malicious" - Update
Latest Film News
- Academy Award Trophy For ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ Sells For Nearly $500K
- European Film Awards: ‘Cold War’ Scoops Top Prizes In Politically-Charged Ceremony – Full List
- ‘Aquaman’ Pools $179M Through Friday Overseas; Topping $200M Today
- ‘Spider-Verse’ Catching $37M+, ‘The Mule’ Carrying Near $18M, ‘Mortal Engines’ Fails To Start…
- Jennifer Lawrence Blisters Harvey Weinstein’s “Predatory Tactics”; Producer Calls Sundance Sexual Assault Suit “Malicious”…
- ‘Andi Mack’ Actor Stoney Westmoreland Fired By Disney Channel Following Arrest For Planning Liaison…