EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
'Blade Runner 2049' Star Ana De Armas Joins Daniel Craig & Chris Evans In 'Knives Out'; Shoot Begins Next Month
Latest Film News
- CBS' Joe Ianniello Looks To Strengthen The Company, And Perhaps His Chances Of Making CEO Job Permanent With High-Profile Hires
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’s Jackie Cruz Joins Lucy Hale In ‘A Nice Girl Like You’
- Judi Dench Set To Pounce On ‘Cats’
- Peter Bart: Peter Rice, High On Clout And Low On Visibility, Now Wields TV’s Biggest Portfolio
- Showtime’s Christina Spade Named CBS Corp CFO As Exec Shuffle Continues
- Netflix In Advanced Talks To Make ‘Idol’ With Matt Reeves’ 6th & Idaho; Hailee Steinfeld Starring…