EXCLUSIVE: The MPAA has overturned the NC-17 rating on the Derek Cianfrance-directed Blue Valentine. The film will be given an R rating after Harvey Weinstein personally argued his position in today’s hearing. That clears up all kinds of potential problems that awaited the film had it been released with that rating or unrated. The rating was given for a sex scene between a married couple played by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams as their relationship disintegrates. I’m told the appeal board’s decision was unanimous.
Urgent! MPAA Appeal Overturns NC-17 On 'Blue Valentine'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Latest Film News
- ‘Wrong Turn’ Gets A Remake: Constantin Rebooting Horror Franchise With Original Creator
- ‘The Possession Of Hannah Grace’ Trailer: Shay Mitchell Battles Her Demons – Literally
- Martin Scorsese Named 2018 MoMA Film Benefit Honoree
- Oculus, RYOT And Kaleidoscope Announce DevLab 2018 Incubator For AR/VR Artists
- ‘Free Solo’ Leads Critics Choice Documentary Awards Nominations With Six Nods
- Viggo Mortensen To Make Directorial Debut With ‘Falling’, HanWay To Launch Sales At AFM