EXCLUSIVE: Are these one-sheets for two DreamWorks Studios movies too similar? I’m told that Cowboys And Aliens director Jon Favreau thinks so. And this morning Universal and DreamWorks even had a talk about it. So look above at the teaser one-sheets for Cowboys & Aliens about aliens on earth for Universal/DreamWorks for release July 2011, and I Am Number Four about aliens on earth for Disney/DreamWorks for release February 2011. An insider emails me: “Cowboys & Aliens finished their one-sheet designed by Universal and approved by everyone, including DreamWorks. A month later, DreamWorks posts their new poster for I Am Number Four. Jon Favreau went nuts at DreamWorks.” Interestingly, an exec at DreamWorks just told me there will be a 2nd “look” debuted soon (see one-sheet to the right) “that will make up the bulk of the campaign. And we don’t think audiences will have any difficulty distinguishing between the two.”
Two DreamWorks One-Sheets Too Similar?
What's Hot on Deadline
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Latest Film News
- Berlin Panorama Lineup: Tilda Swinton, Jonah Hill, Jamie Bell, PJ Harvey & Pauline Kael
- The Guardian Newspaper Eyes Long-Form Feature Doc Drive As Silicon Valley Story Becomes Latest Online Film
- Film4 Appoints ‘Everest’ Line Producer Tori Parry As Head Of Physical Production
- ‘Monday’: First Look At Sebastian Stan & Denise Gough In Greece-Set Romance
- Oscars Foreign Language Film Shortlist: ‘Roma’, ‘Cold War’, ‘Burning’ & More But No ‘Girl’, ‘Border…
- Oscars: Academy Releases Nine Category Shortlists; ‘Girl’ Snubbed In Foreign Race Amid Backlash