Actor Steve Landesberg died Friday of cancer. While Landesberg had a long career as a stand up comic and most recently appeared in the films Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Wild Hogs, he’s best known for playing Det. Arthur Dietrich on the cop sitcom Barney Miller, which ran on ABC from 1975-82. He was nominated for Emmys several times for a character that put his deadpan wit to full advantage. Landesberg passed away in New York. He is survived by his wife Nancy and his daughter.
R.I.P. Steve Landesberg
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office