After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- Comcast Posts Strong Fourth-Quarter Financials Thanks To NBC Universal Bump
- China Film Industry Pays $1.73B In Back Taxes Amid Post-Scandal Crackdown
- César Nominations: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Sisters Brothers’ Rustles Up Nine – List
- Viggo Mortensen Reflects On The Twists & Turns Of His ‘Green Book’ Journey As He Preps His Directorial Debut
- David Glasser Launches 101 Studios With $300M+ In Funding For TV, Movie Projects
- Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige: ‘Black Panther’ Oscar Nom Fits Into A Heroic History