After New Line Cinema announced Cate Blanchett’s return to Middle Earth for ‘The Hobbit,’ I’m told that Orlando Bloom will likely be the next original cast member set for an encore. He’s near a deal to return as Elven archer Legolas. And it’s for more than a cameo, I’m told. I’d have expected them to first set Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum) or Hugo Weaving (Elrond), whose characters figured in the book. But those talks have been arduous and aren’t completed yet.
Orlando Bloom Close To Legolas Reprise In 'The Hobbit?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga To Reprise 'Conjuring' Roles As The Warrens In Third 'Annabelle' Movie
Latest Film News
- What Would Netflix Do Without ‘Friends?’
- Netflix Would Like Hollywood To Know It’s A Star Factory
- Brendan Gleeson, Ariyon Bakare Join ‘A Family Vacation’
- ‘Cats’: Idris Elba Boarding Universal-Working Title Movie As Macavity
- Netflix Awards Contender ‘Roma’ To Play 100 Screens Worldwide & Stream Simultaneously
- Netflix Adds 7 Million Subscribers, Beats Estimates, Sends Stock Soaring 12%