Nu Image/Millennium has committed to a March start date for Playing the Field, the Gabriele Muccino-directed film that will star Gerard Butler. In the Robbie Fox-scripted comedy, Butler plays a retired world famous soccer star who tries to rebuild a relationship with his son and ex-wife by coaching his kid’s soccer team. While soccer is a hands-free sport, the mothers of the other kids can’t keep their hands off the coach, which imperils his plan. Jonathan Mostow, Kevin Misher, Heidi Jo Markel, Butler and Alan Siegel are producing. Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short and Avi Lerner are executive producers. The film was developed under the title Slide, when the protagonist was a baseball coach. Butler and Muccino came aboard after the script was switched to soccer, but it languished until the Nu Image/Millennium guys stepped up.
Nu Image Sets March Start For 'Playing The Field' With Gerard Butler
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline