PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Latest TV News
- ‘Riverdale’ & ‘Jane’ Spinoffs, ‘Nancy Drew’ & ‘The Lost Boys’ Get the CW…
- ‘Black Lightning’ EP Salim Akil Wants Domestic Violence Case Dismissed
- ‘Queer Eye’: Japan-Set Installment Set On Netflix Following Season 3 Launch
- Lilly Wachowski & Circle Of Confusion Board Indie Episodic ‘Work In Progress’ – Sundance
- ‘Big Brother’ Celebrity Anthony Scaramucci Turns Up At Davos
- Ramy Youssef Set For His First HBO Stand-Up Special