PREVIOUS WEDNESDAY 5PM: With The Sing-Off current second cycle doing so well, it’s not surprising that NBC wants to extend it. The network will expand the season finale of the a cappella singing competition next Monday by a half-hour. It will also use the finale to get sampling for new comedy Perfect Couples. A preview episode of the midseason series, which will not be the pilot, will immediately follow the Sing-Off finale at 10:30 PM. Perfect Couples will premiere in its regular Thursday 8:30 PM slot on Jan. 20, when NBC launches its new six-comedy Thursday lineup. NBC used a similar strategy for new fall drama Outlaw, which was previewed after the finale of summer reality hit America’s Got Talent in September. This past Monday, The Sing-Off set series highs with a 3.3/9 in 18-49 and 9.5 million viewers overall.
NBC To Expand 'Sing-Off' Finale And Use It To Preview New Comedy 'Perfect Couples'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Poised To Topple 'Venom's $80M+ October Opening Record; Best Debut For Blumhouse & John Carpenter Canon
Latest TV News
- Dodgers Going Back To World Series, Beat Brewers 5-1 In Game 7 Showdown
- Amazon Studios Head Jennifer Salke Talks TV, Film Biz At USC Forum
- Amy Schumer Says Maroon 5 Should Turn Down Super Bowl Halftime
- President Trump Visits Nevada For Rally, Fires Away At Democrats
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos Targeted By NFL Owners To Buy Seattle Seahawks
- Danny Leiner Dies: Director Of ‘Harold & Kumar’ And ‘Dude, Where’s My Car?’ Was 57