NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Trouble’: Molly McCook & Josh Pence Set To Recur In ‘Fosters’ Spinoff
- Disney’s Bob Iger On Need For Fox Deal: “The Consumer Is Voting — Loudly”
- NBC Easily Wins Tuesday Primetime In Ratings On Steady Night For ‘AGT’
- HBO Taps Charlamagne Tha God For Series Of Interview Specials
- ‘Kansas City’: Andrew Caldwell, Jade Pettyjohn & Anthony Keyvan Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot
- Apple Teams With Sesame Workshop On Children’s Programming Slate