NBC has cut the order to midseason dramedy Love Bites from 13 to 9. The anthology series, originally slated for a fall launch in the Thursday 10 PM slot, was pushed to midseason after a series of setbacks, including the pregnancy of star Becki Newton, the decision by creator/executive producer Cindy Chupack to step down from day-to-day showrunner duties and the exit of Jordana Spiro because of her commitment to TBS’ My Boys. However, word is NBC brass are happy with the episodes they’ve seen and resorted to the order reduction as they’re running out of shelf space for midseason. NBC has 9 new and returning series – 6 scripted and 3 unscripted – on deck for midseason. Love Bites is one of 3, including half-hour comedies Friends with Benefits and The Paul Reiser Show, which are yet to be scheduled.
NBC Cuts Back Order For 'Love Bites'
What's Hot on Deadline
Miley Cyrus & Neil Young Lose Houses In California Wildfires, Guillermo Del Toro's Bleak House Survives - Update
People's Choice Awards: 'Avengers: Infinity War', 'Shadowhunters' Among Top Honorees - Full Winners List
Donald Trump Tweets Defense Of Paris Trip, Demands Florida Elections Be Called For Rick Scott And Ron DeSantis
Latest TV News
- ABC Developing Fashion Drama From ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Writer Pete Chiarelli & Zac Posen
- Vice Chief Creative Officer Tom Punch Exits For Role At Spring Studios
- ‘Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina’ Sets Holiday Special On Netflix
- ‘Veronica Mars’: Clifton Collins Jr. & Izabela Vidovic To Recur On Hulu Revival
- Stan Lee’s Marvel Movie & TV Cameos – A Photo Gallery
- Jimmy Kimmel Lands Michelle Obama’s First Late-Night Stop On ‘Becoming’ Book Tour