The Magnolia Pictures genre arm Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Hobo With A Shotgun, a Jason Eisener-directed grindhouse-style drama with Rutger Hauer playing the title character. The film was hatched by Eisener for a SXSW contest to create a trailer in the vein of the mock trailers in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez film Grindhouse. It was turned into a low budget vigilante-style film that will premiere in the Midnight section of Sundance on January 21.
Magnet Acquires Sundance Selection 'Hobo With A Shotgun'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi's Disappearance: "The Timing Couldn't Have Been Worse"
Latest Film News
- Deadline To Co-Produce Israeli Media Conference INTV With Keshet Media Group
- Viggo Mortensen To Make Directorial Debut With ‘Falling’, HanWay To Launch Sales At AFM
- ICM Partners Signs Producer Andre Gaines
- Zero Gravity Launches Film Slate With Ghost Story ‘Wraith’
- Disney Offers Compromise To European Regulators In Bid For Fox Deal OK
- Bryan Singer Slams Upcoming Esquire Profile As “Rehash” Of “False Accusations”