The Magnolia Pictures genre arm Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Hobo With A Shotgun, a Jason Eisener-directed grindhouse-style drama with Rutger Hauer playing the title character. The film was hatched by Eisener for a SXSW contest to create a trailer in the vein of the mock trailers in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez film Grindhouse. It was turned into a low budget vigilante-style film that will premiere in the Midnight section of Sundance on January 21.
Magnet Acquires Sundance Selection 'Hobo With A Shotgun'
What's Hot on Deadline
Producers Guild Awards: 'Green Book' Takes Best Picture; 'Americans' & 'Mrs. Maisel' Lead TV - Winners List
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
Latest Film News
- ‘Glass’ Cracks $89M 3-Day Global Bow; ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Nears $800M WW – International…
- Andy Vajna, Producer Of ‘Rambo’ Films And ‘Terminator 3,’ Dies At 74
- ‘Glass’ Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+
- PGA Milestone Award Honoree Toby Emmerich On How Warner Bros. & New Line ‘Hits ‘Em Where They Ain’t’
- Producers Guild Awards: ‘Green Book’ Takes Best Picture; ‘Americans’ & ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Lead TV…
- PGA Awards Honoree Kenya Barris Tips Hat To Norman Lear, Reveals Early Dream Job