The Magnolia Pictures genre arm Magnet Releasing has acquired U.S. distribution rights to Hobo With A Shotgun, a Jason Eisener-directed grindhouse-style drama with Rutger Hauer playing the title character. The film was hatched by Eisener for a SXSW contest to create a trailer in the vein of the mock trailers in the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez film Grindhouse. It was turned into a low budget vigilante-style film that will premiere in the Midnight section of Sundance on January 21.
Magnet Acquires Sundance Selection 'Hobo With A Shotgun'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A “Global D*ckhead Powerhouse”
'Hotel Transylvania 3' Registers $100M+ WW; 'Skyscraper' Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' Adds 'UnReal's Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & 'The Path's Kyle Allen As Guest Stars
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Eyes August IPO In Hong Kong
- ‘Hotel Transylvania 3’ Registers $100M+ WW; ‘Skyscraper’ Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore – International…
- 'Eighth Grade' Graduates to Best Opening Per Theater Average of 2018 at $63K; 'Sorry To Bother You' Expands Strong: Specialty Box …
- Why Dwayne Johnson Pic ‘Skyscraper’ Went Up In Flames At The B.O. With $25M+
- Tyler Perry Warns Fans About Internet Scams Using His Name
- Griffith Observatory Temporarily Evacuated In Bomb Scare – Access Now Restored