Michael Flatley is finally filming his Lord Of The Dance stage show and in 3D. SuperVision Media is handling the U.S. limited-engagement theatrical release scheduled for St. Patrick’s Day 2011. UK-based Nineteen Fifteen Productions is producing in association with ITN Productions, part of ITV. Lord Of The Dance has been a huge hit for Flatley: he sold out 13 consecutive nights at Radio City Music Hall in New York and did a 21-night run at London’s Wembley Arena. The Irish jig spectacle has been seen by over 60 million people in 60 different countries. Yet Flatley says he wanted to film the show to give people in smaller towns and cities an opportunity to see it.
‘Lord Of The Dance’: 3D On St. Paddy Day
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- Alexandre O. Philippe Signs With WME Ahead Of Sundance Bow Of ‘Memory: The Origins Of Alien’
- SAG Awards Reveals First List Of Presenters: The Stars Of The Films Up For Best Ensemble Cast
- Sue Naegle Upped To Chief Content Officer At Annapurna
- Charles Burnett To Direct Slavery-Escape Pic ‘Steal Away’ For Amazon
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Producer Boosts Action Slate With Ethan Hawke’s ‘Tesla’ Revving
- Michael Jackson ‘Leaving Neverland’ Docu Threats Have Sundance & Police Anxious