Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
Judy Blume Grants 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly Fremon Craig
'NYPD Blue' Sequel With Andy Sipowicz's Son Set At ABC From Matt Olmstead, Nick Wootton & Jesse Bochco
Latest TV News
- Christian Camargo & Hera Hilmar Join Apple Series 'See' From Steven Knight & Francis Lawrence
- ‘Baker And The Beauty’ Romantic Comedy Based On Israeli Format Set At ABC From Dean Georgaris, David Frankel…
- Sinclair Broadcast CEO Chris Ripley Doubles Down On Deregulation Push: “We’re Just Entirely Too Small” – NAB Show…
- ‘Constance’: Kevin Dunn To Star In TNT Drama Pilot From Team Downey
- ‘American Idol’ Rivals Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken To Reunite For Broadway Holiday Show
- ‘The Great Christmas Light Fight’ Sets Season 6 Premiere Date, Picked Up For Season 7