Fox is not officially confirming yet but it is as final as it gets: The Good Guys won’t be returning for a second season. Fox originally picked up Matt Nix’s cop dramedy straight-to-series for a summer run. In May, before the show had premiered, the network ordered additional episodes and put it on the fall schedule to air on Fridays. But, despite getting a preview run behind American Idol, the series starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks never gained traction and performed underwhelmingly for its entire 20-episode run.
It's Over For Fox's 'The Good Guys'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Revises Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
David Hogg Calls For New Advertiser Boycott Of Laura Ingraham Over "Summer Camp" Child Detention Center Description
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
Latest TV News
- Emily Mortimer Signs With UTA
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Eugene Levy & Catherine O’Hara On Their Shorthand, Martin Scorsese’s ‘SCTV’ Doc, & How ‘We Don't Consider…
- HBO Brings The Sizzle To Meeting With The New WarnerMedia Boss
- Universal TV Ups Kiersten Robinson To SVP Current Programming
- 'Altered Carbon' Sound Editor Brett Hinton On Sonic Clues Taken From Richard K. Morgan's Sci-Fi Novel
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Ratings Rise In Monday Debut