She’ll play Michael Fassbender’s sister in Steve McQueen’s next indie project, Shame, which begins shooting on location in New York in January. Sales agent Hanway Films has pre-sold the film to several territories including MK2 in France and Prokino in Germany. Fassbender stars as a thirtysomething man living in New York, who is unable to manage his sex life. Mulligan takes the role after just winning the high-profile part of Daisy in Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby. On Shame, Abi Morgan (Brick Lane) has written the screenplay with McQueen. Shame is produced by Iain Canning, currently riding high having produced The King’s Speech, who developed this new McQueen project with Film4. Canning produced McQueen’s first film Hunger, which also starred Fassbender as Irish Republican hunger striker Bobby Sands and won the Camera d’Or at Cannes in 2008.
Now Carey Mulligan Agrees To Feel 'Shame'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Revises Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
David Hogg Calls For New Advertiser Boycott Of Laura Ingraham Over "Summer Camp" Child Detention Center Description
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
Latest Film News
- ‘The Black Room’ Picked Up By MajorJazz, Based On Co-Writer’s Experience In Psychic Research Institute
- Emily Mortimer Signs With UTA
- ‘Walking Dead’ Actor Major Dodson To Star In ‘Tyson’s Run’; ‘Troupe Zero’ Casts Bella…
- Demián Bichir On Forced Separation Of Illegal Immigrant Children: Stop Using Kids As Human Shields
- Screen Gems Buys Raunchy Comedy ‘Parent’s Night’ From Joe Nussbaum
- Pete Docter To Lead Pixar, Jennifer Lee To Head Walt Disney Animation In Wake Of John Lasseter’s Scheduled Exit