News Corp has balked at selling off Sky News to satisfy Brussels. Despite that nose-thumbing, the European Commission has extended from December 8 to December 22 the deadline for the first phase of its competition investigation of Rupert Murdoch’s £12 billion ($19 billion) takeover of BSkyB. What Brussels is worried about is a 100% News Corp-owned BSkyB deal as the cornerstone of a global pay-TV empire. The European probe is separate from the investigation by British regulator Ofcom which will report on December 31 and still could derail the deal.
Brussels Postpones Murdoch/Sky Decision
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Latest TV News
- ‘Conan’ Returns: Late Night Host Celebrates New Downsized Format After 3 Month Shutdown
- ‘The Walking Dead’ & ‘Stranger Things’ Named Most In-Demand Series In the World
- ‘Bless This Mess’ Trailer: Lake Bell And Dax Shepard Attempt To Live The Simple Life In New ABC Comedy
- David Glasser Launches 101 Studios With $300M+ In Funding For TV, Movie Projects
- Nora Kirkpatrick & Funny Or Die Team On Interactive Series ‘The Coop’ For Eko
- Viacom Acquires Pluto TV For $340 Million In Cash