EXCLUSIVE: We’re already braced for Cowboys and Aliens, so how cool is it that the writers of Zombieland are taking on the tale of an assassin who mixes the skills of a cowboy with those of the ninja and the viking? Disney has purchased the feature pitch Cowboy Ninja Viking, with Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese writing the script. The basis is the graphic novel by AJ Lieberman and artist Riley Rossmo, published last year by Image Comics. Mark Gordon, Management 360 and Wernick & Reese are producing. A multiple personality disorder patient is trained to be an assassin with three different skill sets and the personalities that come with them tries to bring down the nefarious organization that made him. Wernick & Rheese most recently wrote the script for Deadpool, the X-Men spinoff based on the indestructible wisecracking character played by Ryan Reynolds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That script is out to directors. Deal was made by WME.
'Zombieland' Scribes Take On 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'The Americans': Cast & Creators Joke Potential Spinoffs, Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys Talk Spy Love - ATX
Latest Film News
- ‘The Predator’ Set To Invade San Diego Comic-Con
- Marvel Skips SDCC But Seattle Is ‘Avengers’ Central This Weekend
- Robert Zemeckis Taking On Roald Dahl’s ‘The Witches’
- More MoviePass Drama: Stock See-Saws As Parent Company Pitches Ways To Avoid Nasdaq Delisting
- Hollywood Condemns Fox News, Trump’s Zero-Tolerance Policy: Adam Scott, James Gunn, Others Speak Out
- ‘The Black Room’ Picked Up By MajorJazz, Based On Co-Writer’s Experience In Psychic Research Institute