Tribeca Film has acquired U.S. rights to The Bang Bang Club, a drama based on the lives of photojournalists during the last stages of apartheid in South Africa. It stars Ryan Phillippe and Malin Akerman and was written and directed by Steven Silver. The film had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Tribeca Film will release it theatrically in the second quarter of 2011.
Tribeca Film Gets 'The Bang Bang Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A “Global D*ckhead Powerhouse”
'Hotel Transylvania 3' Registers $100M+ WW; 'Skyscraper' Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' Adds 'UnReal's Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & 'The Path's Kyle Allen As Guest Stars
Latest Film News
- Juliette Binoche, Ethan Hawke, Catherine Deneuve To Star In Cannes Winner Hirokazu Kore-Eda’s ‘Truth’
- STX Entertainment Eyes August IPO In Hong Kong
- ‘Hotel Transylvania 3’ Registers $100M+ WW; ‘Skyscraper’ Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore – International…
- 'Eighth Grade' Graduates to Best Opening Per Theater Average of 2018 at $63K; 'Sorry To Bother You' Expands Strong: Specialty Box …
- Why Dwayne Johnson Pic ‘Skyscraper’ Went Up In Flames At The B.O. With $25M+
- Tyler Perry Warns Fans About Internet Scams Using His Name