EXCLUSIVE: Rachael Leigh Cook is set as the female lead opposite Eric McCormack in the TNT drama pilot Perception. The project, from ABC Studios, centers on Dr. Geoffrey Pierce (McCormack), an eccentric, frequently erratic and absolutely brilliant university professor in neuropsychiatry who helps the FBI solve complex cases. Cook will play sexy, sharp-tonged and smart FBI agent Kate Rossi who recruited her former professor Pierce to work for the bureau. The setup appears similar to that on Castle between Nathan Fillion’s Richard Castle and Stana Katic’s Kate Beckett and on The Mentalist between Simon Baker’s Patrick Jane and Robin Tunney’s Teresa Lisbon. Kenneth Biller and Mike Sussman co-wrote the pilot, with Alan Poul directing. Cook, who started off as a teen actress, recently recurred on USA’s Psych.
Rachael Leigh Cook To Star Opposite Eric McCormack in TNT Pilot 'Perception'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Netflix Doubles Down On Spanish Originals With Heroin Thriller ‘Hache’
- Universal Music And Hip-Hop Player All Def Boost Film And TV Volume
- Tom Hollander Joins ‘Baptiste’, Angelina Jolie-Execed ‘The Breadwinner’ Wins At Annecy, UK Fund…
- U.S. SVOD Service Sundance Now Boards ITV’s Psychological Thriller ‘Cheat’
- World Cup: Mexico’s Seismic Defeat Of Germany Scores 26M Viewers For ZDF
- Wattpad Strikes Development & Production Deal With Germany’s Bavaria Fiction