Another reality star has been recruited by CNN to host a prime-time talk show. Dr. Drew Pinsky has signed a deal for a new weeknight prime-time show on CNN’s sister channel HLN, which will launch next spring. HLN, formerly CNN Headline News, has a vacancy at 10 PM where it currently airs a rerun of Nancy Grace’s 8 p.m. show. Pinsky hosts Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew on VH1 and has also headlined other reality series dealing with addiction. Pinsky’s appointment follows CNN’s recent hire of America’s Got Talent judge Piers Morgan to succeed Larry King at 9 PM.
Dr. Drew Pinsky To Host Talk Show on HLN
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Arnold Hits Mark Burnett With Battery Claim After Pre-Emmy Scuffle; Says Trump ‘Apprentice’ Tapes “Handed Over” To Ronan Farrow - Update
HBO & Netflix In Historic Emmy Tie After 'Game Of Thrones' Win, Amazon Has Big Night With 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel'
Latest TV News
- ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’ Live-Action Series In Works At Netflix
- No Surprise: Marriage Proposal Was Facebook’s Most Social Emmy Moment
- Netflix Names Axel Springer CEO Mathias Döpfner To Board Of Directors
- Emmys 2018: The Good, The Bad, The Proposal
- Netflix Stock Rises 2% After Streaming Platform’s Strong Emmy Night
- Emmy Ratings Fall Double Digits To New Low, Despite Move To Monday By NBC