Crash actress Arlene Tur is joining the upcoming fourth season of Torchwood as a recurring. The news comes as producers of the British-born cult hit continue their exhaustive search for two new series regulars to join franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Enver Gjokai (Dollhouse) and Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill) had been circling the male role — a sharp-as-nails, funny-as-hell, tough-as-rawhide CIA agent — but producers ultimately deemed neither to be a good fit. (I’m told a feeler was also put out to James Wolk, the breakout star of Fox’s short-lived Lone Star, but he passed.) Greek’s Amber Stevens, meanwhile, had been circling the female part — a CIA Watch Analyst who possesses an unshakable faith in human nature. Tur will play a surgeon by the name of Vera Juarez. Starz recently nabbed domestic rights to the show’s fourth season in a co-production deal with BBC Worldwide Prods. Michael Ausiello will be contributing to Deadline.com and Movieline.com as he preps for the early ‘11 launch of a new TV-centric website.
'Crash' Star Arlene Tur Boards 'Torchwood' As Search For New Regulars Intensifies
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A “Global D*ckhead Powerhouse”
'American Horror Story' Adds 'UnReal's Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & 'The Path's Kyle Allen As Guest Stars
'Hotel Transylvania 3' Registers $100M+ WW; 'Skyscraper' Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ World Cup Promo Introduces The New Time Lord & Her Companions
- BBC Unveils First Look At Drama Slate Featuring John Malkovich’s ‘The ABC Murders’ & HBO Co-Pro ‘Gentleman Jack…
- Pussy Riot Disrupts World Cup With On-Field Protest
- World Cup: France Tops Croatia, 4-2, Returns To Glory 20 Years After Last FIFA Triumph
- How To Watch France Vs. Croatia In The World Cup Final
- Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A "Global D*ckhead Powerhouse"