While The New York Times today reports that DreamWorks intends to groom its I Am Number Four star Alex Pettyfer for stardom, Fox and New Regency have got him next. Pettyfer and Matt Bomer have been added to play starring roles in Now, the Andrew Niccol-directed film that stars Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried. DreamWorks clearly hopes that Pettyfer will front a franchise in I Am Number Four, an alien story which will span multiple books. Pettyfer is also on a short list — along with Aaron Johnson and Max Irons and a couple others, I hear — for Bryan Singer’s Jack the Giant Killer. He also will stars in Beastly next year for CBS Films. As for Bomer, he’s got a high profile feature role, after almost coming out of nowhere to get a big feature shot several years ago, when Brett Ratner pushed hard for him to play Superman in a three-picture arc. That possibility went away when Ratner dropped from the project. Bomer has gone on to star in the USA Network series White Collar. Now takes place in a future where the aging gene has been turned off, and life as measured by units of time becomes the currency.
Alex Pettyfer And Matt Bomer 'Now' Guys
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…