EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures pulled the “gay” joke out of the trailer for the Ron Howard directed comedy The Dilemma. While the studio hasn’t declared whether it will pull the line out of the movie under pressure from GLAAD, the film’s star, Vince Vaughn, has weighed in with a comment that indicates he’d like the joke to stay. Said Vaughn: “Let me add my voice of support to the people outraged by the bullying and persecution of people for their differences, whatever those differences may be. Comedy and joking about our differences breaks tension and brings us together. Drawing dividing lines over what we can and cannot joke about does exactly that; it divides us. Most importantly, where does it stop.”
Vince Vaughn Comments On Gay 'Dilemma'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
Writers Guild Awards 2019: 'Eighth Grade' & 'Can You Ever Forgive Me?' Take Top Prizes - Full Winners List
Latest TV News
- Jussie Smollett Has “No Plans” Today To Meet With Cops Over Attack
- Patrick Caddell Dies: Political Pollster, ‘West Wing’ Writer-Consultant Was 68
- Fox’s Daytona 500 Gets Ratings Bump Over Last Year’s Race
- ‘The Punisher’ & ‘Jessica Jones’ Canceled By Netflix; Latter’s 3rd Season Still To Air
- Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump’s ‘SNL’ Tweet Is “A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?”…
- Viacom International Media Networks Launches Interactive Gameshow ‘MTV Stax’ On Facebook Watch In UK