A big new addition to Grey’s Anatomy – Scott Foley has joined the hit ABC medical drama in a major recurring role. He will play a patient and potential love interest for Kim Raver’s Iraqi veteran Dr. Teddy Altman. Introducing actors as recurring has been Grey’s creator Shonda Rhimes’ preferred way of adding new regulars to the show. Raver, Eric Dane, Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw, Chyler Leigh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew and Jessie Williams all started off as recurring before being bumped up to regulars. In Foley’s case, it would be trickier as his character is a patient. Foley, repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment, is a familiar face on ABC: he recurred on Cougar Town last season. He also has medical series background: he had a role on the NBC/ABC medical comedy Scrubs. Foley’s series credits also include CBS’ military drama The Unit and the WB’s college dramedy Felicity.
Scott Foley Joins ABC's 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Roseanne Barr Sobs On Rabbi’s Podcast, Claims “There’s No Excuse” As Call Transcript Released
- Amber Tamblyn, Time’s Up Co-Founder, Focuses Debut Novel On Male Rape
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute