The original Danno on Hawaii Five-O died in Florida of natural causes on Thursday. He was 72. MacArthur, who was the son of Helen Hayes and playwright Charles MacArthur, was at the other end of one of TV’s most famous lines: “Book’em Danno” was the order whenever his TV partner Steve McGarrett (Jack Lord) caught the bad guy. Scott Caan currently plays Danno in the CBS remake of the original, which ran from 1968-1980. MacArthur was also in several Disney films, including Swiss Family Robinson and Kidnapped.
R.I.P. James MacArthur
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest TV News
- Showtime Taps Deva Kehoe As SVP Talent Relations & Events
- ‘Carmen Sandiego’ Gets January Premiere Date On Netflix
- Warner Bros. Digital Networks President Craig Hunegs To Depart
- Big Ten Network Taps Fox Sports Ohio Exec Francois McGillicuddy As Its New President
- CBS Strikes $750 Million Deal To Sell Television City To LA Real Estate Firm Hackman Capital Partners
- ‘Walking Dead’ $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC’s Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims “Victory”…