Pete Segal has made a deal to direct Grudge Match, a Tim Kelleher-scripted comedy about two bitter rivals who are coaxed back into the ring for a grudge match — 50 years after they fought for the title. Billy Gerber and Mark Steven Johnson are producing. On the internet, they are trying to line up the fight card with the likes of Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro. Too obvious. I say, go back to the Bucket List tandem of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Actually, insiders said that the characters are in their 60s. Segal last directed 2008’s Get Smart, and if this movie happens, I’m not sure when they will be sounding the bell for that sequel.
Pete Segal To Direct 'Grudge Match'
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest TV News
- NFL And Players Assn. Temporarily Suspend Anthem Rules Enforcement
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An ‘SVU’ Crossover…
- Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action – Update
- ‘Crazy Ex Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Aline Brosh McKenna On Final Season & The Future – Comic-Con
- ‘Iron Fist’ Gets Season 2 September Launch Date On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘Magnum P.I.’: Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Crossover…