Pete Segal has made a deal to direct Grudge Match, a Tim Kelleher-scripted comedy about two bitter rivals who are coaxed back into the ring for a grudge match — 50 years after they fought for the title. Billy Gerber and Mark Steven Johnson are producing. On the internet, they are trying to line up the fight card with the likes of Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro. Too obvious. I say, go back to the Bucket List tandem of Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Actually, insiders said that the characters are in their 60s. Segal last directed 2008’s Get Smart, and if this movie happens, I’m not sure when they will be sounding the bell for that sequel.
Pete Segal To Direct 'Grudge Match'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
ABC Midseason Schedule: 'A Million Little Things' On Thursday, 'Dancing With the Stars' On Break, 'Whiskey' & 'Fix' Slotted
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest TV News
- Steven Yeun Joins ‘The Twilight Zone’; Miley Cyrus In ‘Black Mirror’
- WME Signs ‘Justice League’ Star Ray Fisher
- ‘Sesame Street’ Muppet Lily Becomes First To Experience Homelessness
- ‘Power’ Creator Courtney Kemp Pays Tribute To Deceased Crew Member
- ‘One Dollar’ Canceled By CBS All Access After One Season
- ‘Star Wars: The Mandalorian’ Casting: Giancarlo Esposito, Carl Weathers And Werner Herzog Join Disney+ Series