After obesity and addiction, candid kids seems to be the next area for dueling reality series, as Lifetime and TLC prepare to go toe-to-toe with shows hosted by Heidi Klum and Brad Garrett, respectively. Lifetime this morning announced Seriously Funny Kids (working title), a new unscripted series hosted and executive produced by the Project Runway host (and mother of 4), for a 2011 launch. In the vein of Kids Say the Darndest Things, Seriously Funny Kids will feature Klum “interacting with children and bringing out the hilarious and often insightful things they say,” according to Lifetime’s press release. Meanwhile, TLC recently announced a 6-episode order for another series dubbed as a modern take on Kids Say the Darndest Things, hosted by Garrett and executive produced by Ryan Seacrest. Klum and LMNO Prods., which produces Seriously Funny Kids, took the project to the networks in early summer. Klum, Eric Schotz (Kids Say the Darndest Things), Desiree Gruber (Project Runway) and Jane Cha (Project Runway) executive produce. “Someone once said never work with children and animals… so I decided to drop the animals and stick with the kids,” said Klum, who is now expanding her footprint on Lifetime to 2 series. “I have four children under the age of six, and to be honest, sometimes I enjoy them more than adults. They’re uncensored, unpredictable and absolutely hilarious.” Lifetime has been building a reality slate under new president Nancy Dubuc. It recently ordered another unscripted series for next year, The Fairy Jobmother.
Lifetime Joins Candid Kids Reality Fray With New Heidi Klum Series
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation
- Charles Krauthammer Dies: Fox News Contributor & Pulitzer-Winning Columnist Was 68
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them