EXCLUSIVE: Umbra, the Steven Karczynski-scripted thriller, nearly got off the ground last year at Relativity Media with director Roger Donaldson and Nicolas Cage. But it fell apart over budget. It has come together at Endgame with Joe Carnahan making a deal to rewrite the script and direct. The thriller concerns a man who finds an old cassette tape which reveals a horrifying secret. Hal Lieberman will produce with Endgame’s James Stern. Carnahan is out to cast on The Grey, a drama he’ll direct that has Liam Neeson starring. Carnahan, who last directed Fox’s The A Team, is repped by CAA.
Joe Carnahan Takes On Revamped 'Umbra'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
'Captain Marvel' Wings To $910M+ Global, Becomes #10 Superhero Pic Offshore & WW - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- TV Networks Plan Extended Mueller Report Coverage
- Viacom, AT&T Talks Continue Nearly Two Days After Contract End – Update
- Donald Trump Campaign Fundraises Off Attorney General’s Mueller Report Summary
- ‘Marvel's Runaways’ Officially Renewed For 10-Episode Season 3 – Get the Details
- ‘Star Trek’ Showrunner: “I Almost Cried” During Patrick Stewart’s New Picard Script Reading
- James Marsters Confirms ‘Marvel’s Runaways’ Renewed For Season 3