EXCLUSIVE: Umbra, the Steven Karczynski-scripted thriller, nearly got off the ground last year at Relativity Media with director Roger Donaldson and Nicolas Cage. But it fell apart over budget. It has come together at Endgame with Joe Carnahan making a deal to rewrite the script and direct. The thriller concerns a man who finds an old cassette tape which reveals a horrifying secret. Hal Lieberman will produce with Endgame’s James Stern. Carnahan is out to cast on The Grey, a drama he’ll direct that has Liam Neeson starring. Carnahan, who last directed Fox’s The A Team, is repped by CAA.
Joe Carnahan Takes On Revamped 'Umbra'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Willis Roast Gets Surprise Visit From Demi Moore; Edward Norton Praises Him As A “Global D*ckhead Powerhouse”
'Hotel Transylvania 3' Registers $100M+ WW; 'Skyscraper' Jumps In Low With $40M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' Adds 'UnReal's Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman & 'The Path's Kyle Allen As Guest Stars
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’: First Image Revealed Of Olivia Colman As Queen Elizabeth II
- Robert Wolders Dies: The ‘Laredo’ Star & Audrey Hepburn Companion Was 81
- ‘Doctor Who’ World Cup Promo Introduces The New Time Lord & Her Companions
- BBC Unveils First Look At Drama Slate Featuring John Malkovich’s ‘The ABC Murders’ & HBO Co-Pro ‘Gentleman Jack…
- Pussy Riot Disrupts World Cup With On-Field Protest
- World Cup: France Tops Croatia, 4-2, Returns To Glory 20 Years After Last FIFA Triumph