EXCLUSIVE: Umbra, the Steven Karczynski-scripted thriller, nearly got off the ground last year at Relativity Media with director Roger Donaldson and Nicolas Cage. But it fell apart over budget. It has come together at Endgame with Joe Carnahan making a deal to rewrite the script and direct. The thriller concerns a man who finds an old cassette tape which reveals a horrifying secret. Hal Lieberman will produce with Endgame’s James Stern. Carnahan is out to cast on The Grey, a drama he’ll direct that has Liam Neeson starring. Carnahan, who last directed Fox’s The A Team, is repped by CAA.
Joe Carnahan Takes On Revamped 'Umbra'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Even Richer On Saturday With $10M; Weekend Bling Now At $24M+ With $33M+ 5-Day Debut
Latest TV News
- Friday Ratings: A Three-Way Tie, But Adjustments For NFL Games May Determine Winners
- Emmy Predictions: It’s The Battle Of Defending Champs As ‘Handmaids’ And ‘Thrones’ Go Once Again As Best…
- Disney Channel’s Animated Della Duck Has ‘Criminal Minds’ Behind Her
- Emmy Predictions: A Fresh Outcome Is Guaranteed As Newcomers And Perennial Bridesmaids Battle For Comedy Series Gold
- Stevie Wonder Remembers His Final Words To A Dying Aretha Franklin
- Bill Maher On Trump’s Aretha Tribute: President Can’t Say RIP Without Lying