Fright films continue to scare up distribution deals. IFC has acquired North American rights to the Hong Kong slasher film Dream Home. The film, directed by Isabella helmer Pang Ho-Cheung, will be released on the IFC Midnight label. A woman buys her dream home and can’t afford it. Despite stealing at her job, her terminally ill father’s medical expenses are ruining her. She decides to let him die and collect the insurance. When that’s still not enough, she just starts killing people to keep up with the high cost of living in Hong Kong. Release is set for early 2011.
IFC Buys Hong Kong 'Dream Home'
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest TV News
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An ‘SVU’ Crossover…
- Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action – Update
- ‘Crazy Ex Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Aline Brosh McKenna On Final Season & The Future – Comic-Con
- ‘Iron Fist’ Gets Season 2 September Launch Date On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘Magnum P.I.’: Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Crossover…
- ‘Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul Not In ‘Better Call Saul’s New Season, Says Vince Gilligan…