Dax Shepard has slipped Deadline a trailer for his directorial Brother’s Justice, which premiered at the Austin Film Festival a week ago and is currently being shopped for distribution. The premise: Shepard, a comedy star, wants to reinvent himself as an internationally renowned martial arts star, except that not only is he not internationally renowned, he doesn’t even have any formal martial arts training. Can’t put my finger on why, but this guy has always cracked me up in films like Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Shepard co-directed Brother’s Justice with David Palmer. The inept martial artist formula launched Danny McBride in The Foot Fist Way, so maybe Dax is onto something.
Hot Trailer: 'Brother's Justice'
What's Hot on Deadline
After 11 Years Pushing 'A Star Is Born', Producer Bill Gerber Is Restoring Neil Young In New Woodstock Documentary
Latest Film News
- Stanley Donen Appreciation: From ‘Singin’ In The Rain’ To ‘Two For The Road’ A Dazzling Cinematic Legacy…
- Spirit Awards: ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Wins Big; ‘Sorry To Bother You’, ‘Eighth Grade’ Honored – Full…
- Spirit Awards Live Blog: See How It Went Down At The 2019 Ceremony
- Fox Has Parked Ford Vs. Ferrari Movie In Awards Season; ‘Kingsman’ Prequel And ‘Free Guy’ Set…
- Stanley Donen Remembered: For Him, Life And Film “Were Inseparable”, Steven Spielberg Says
- Channing Tatum & His Production Company Free Association Sign With CAA