EXCLUSIVE: HBO has renewed sophomore comedies Bored to Death and Eastbound & Down for a third season. With drama Boardwalk Empire already picked up for Season 2, HBO has now renewed its entire current Sunday lineup. The second season debut of Eastbound & Down averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 150% from the show’s series premiere, while Bored to Death’s season premiere audience was more modest, 1.1 million, despite following Boardwalk Empire. While not hits, the shows have remained relatively steady in the ratings, averaging 1 million viewers (Bored) and 1.44 million (Eastbound) this past Sunday, in addition to garnering critical praise for their sophomore seasons. Bored was created by Jonathan Ames and stars Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis. Eastbound was created by Danny McBride, Jody Hill and Ben Best and stars McBride.
HBO Renews Series 'Bored to Death' And 'Eastbound & Down'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'The Americans': Cast & Creators Joke Potential Spinoffs, Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys Talk Spy Love - ATX
Latest TV News
- ‘Vanity Fair’ Trailer: First-Look At ITV & Amazon’s Adaptation Of The Classic Napoleonic Novel
- The BBC Lines Up Quirky Saturday Night Quiz Format ‘The Time It Takes’ With ‘Taskmaster’ Star…
- Rachel Maddow Breaks Down During Report On “Tender Age” Shelters For Immigrant Babies
- Netflix’s ‘One Day At A Time’ & Starz’ ‘Vida’ Demand End To Border Family Separation; Ask Other Series…
- Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Donald Trump Claim Dems Forcing Baby-Snatching Border Policy On Him
- Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy