My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee is reuniting with the show’s creator Greg Garcia on an upcoming episode of Garcia’s new series, Fox’s freshman comedy Raising Hope. Lee will guest star as Smokey Daniels, a washed-up rock star who is hired as the lead act at “Grocery-Palooza,” a rock concert at the supermarket where Sabrina (Shannon Woodward) works. Smokey was once Burt’s (Garret Dillahunt) musical idol, and Burt hopes to relive his rock-star years by playing backup for him at the concert. Lee now stars on TNT’s Memphis Beat, which was renewed for a second season. Raising Hope was recently picked up for a full season.
'Earl' Star Jason Lee To Appear On 'Hope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest TV News
- NFL And Players Assn. Temporarily Suspend Anthem Rules Enforcement
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An ‘SVU’ Crossover?…
- Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action – Update
- ‘Crazy Ex Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom & Aline Brosh McKenna On Final Season & The Future – Comic-Con
- ‘Iron Fist’ Gets Season 2 September Launch Date On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘Magnum P.I.’: Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Crossover…