EXCLUSIVE FROM TORONTO: William H. Macy has just committed to star in Freaky Deaky, the adaptation of the Elmore Leonard crime novel about 60s radicals who use their skills for blowing stuff up for entrepreneurial purposes in the 70s. Charlie Matthau wrote the script and is directing. Macy will play Woody Ricks, an alcoholic millionaire with a passion for show tunes, showgirls and a knack for avoiding getting blown up. Myriad Pictures is at Toronto selling foreign territories, and Tom Ortenberg will shop domestic for a picture that will begin production next year. (Elmore Leonard On Why ‘Freaky Deaky’ Is Finally Getting Made) Macy’s latest film Dirty Girl sold in a rapid deal worth north of $3 million to The Weinstein Co last night hours after its Toronto Film Festival debut.
William H. Macy Getting'Freaky Deaky'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- ‘Nightbreed’ TV Series Reboot From Clive Barker & Morgan Creek In Works At Syfy
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Creator Veena Sud On How Lack Of Asian American Representation Influenced Her Career
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief
- ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’: Courtney Ford Upped To Series Regular For Season 4
- Crime Reality Show ‘Bounty Live’ In Works By ‘Busted Live’ & ‘Over The…