Universal Pictures International has promoted its UK and Eire managing director to run the whole of international marketing. As executive vice-president, Hewlett will oversee all UPI marketing for overseas theatrical releases including ads, media buying and publicity. He will report to UPI president David Kosse. Hewlett first came to Universal in 2006 as UK managing director and was part of the team including Kosse and distribution head Duncan Clark who helped set up UPI in 2007.
Uni Taps Simon Hewlett As Marketing Head
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Latest International News
- British Alternate ‘Mockingbird’ Killed Over Stage Rights: Smash Broadway Version Plans UK Mounting
- U.S. Banker With Putin Ties Reportedly Tapped Mark Burnett To Access Donald Trump Transition Team
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Directors Muse On Today’s Nominations
- Hammond On Oscars: Why This Could Be One Of The Closest Races In Academy History
- Endeavor Content Appoints Former Avalon Exec Tim Robinson As COO
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Nominees Populate Key Categories In Crossover Year