Film Independent’s 26th Spirit Awards ceremony has been set for Saturday, February 26, 2011. The submission process begins Monday, August 9th. The early deadline is Monday, September 13 and the drop dead deadline is Tuesday, October 5. Submission information is available at SpiritAwards.com. The location is yet to be determined. The move to Saturday gives hope that organizers have come to their senses after last year. Let’s hope they bring the event back to the beach at Santa Monica, and hold it in the afternoon. It has always been one of the most enjoyable stops on Oscar weekend. Until last year, when it was held Friday evening, in a tent in downtown LA. Everything that could go wrong did, including problems with the live TV feed. Just as important, Hollywood players were caught between driving all the way downtown or making the must-attend Oscar parties held by WME’s Ari Emanuel and CAA’s Bryan Lourd.
Film Independent Spirit Awards Set Feb. 26
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Kevin Costner Talks ‘Yellowstone’, Varied Roles & A Venice ‘Fandango’ Lesson – Cannes Lions
- Re-Creating New York’s Gilded Age, ‘The Alienist’ Production Designer Bought Out All The Cobblestone In Eastern…
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- LaToya Morgan Re-Ups Overall Deal With AMC, Will Oversee Inclusion Initiative
- Gordon Ramsay’s Series Simmer In Ratings, Fox Still Wins Night; World Cup Scores In D.C.
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners