‘Twas the night before Premiere Week, when all through the broadcast nets, not much was stirring besides football. An NFL overrun on CBS and Week 2 of NBC’s Sunday Night Football easily dominated a night filled with reruns and the season finale of ABC’s The Gates. SNF‘s telecast of “Manning Bowl II” between Peyton Manning’s Indianopolis Colts and Eli Manning’s New York Giants drew 15.2 overnight rating/24 share, down 8% from the sports program’s record-breaking premiere last week. If vs. “Manning Bowl I” in 2006, it was up 3%. A 43-minute football overrun on CBS boosted the rest of the lineup, with an Undercover Boss rerun (2.4/6) almost doubling the rating a repeat of the reality series got last week (1.3/3). Meanwhile, the two-hour finale of ABC’s The Gates (0.9 rating/2 share, 2.8 million viewers), finished last among the Big 4 but was up 29% from last week’s series low. NBC won the night by a large margin both in adults 18-49 and total viewers. The network would certainly hope that a large chunk of the viewers return tonight when Premiere Week officially kicks in.
RATINGS RAT RACE: NBC's 'Sunday Night Football' Down Slightly But Still Dominates
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios