NBC is staffing up its recently relaunched current department with the appointments of veteran network executives Erin Underhill and Edwin Chung as SVP current programming, NBC and Universal Media Studios. They will report to Vernon Sanders, EVP current programming. Both Underhill and Sanders have current programming background at NBC. Underhill served as director and VP current series until she was named VP drama development in 2005. She oversees such series as freshmen Chase and Love Bites as well as returning drama Parenthood. She also developed Heroes, Chuck and Friday Night Lights, and currently oversees Friday Night Lights. Chung also served as director and VP current series until the network’s 2008 reorganization that folded the current departments into comedy and drama development when his titled changed to VP comedy programming for NBC and UMS. He remains the executive in charge of production for 30 Rock, Community, Chuck, and the new mid-season series Perfect Couples. He also oversaw production on My Name Is Earl for the series’ entire run.
NBC Names 2 Current Programming SVPs
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios