Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'Venom' Courses To $378M WW; 'Star Is Born' Tops $135M; 'First Man' Begins Offshore Journey - International Box Office
FX & Sky Team For Parenting Comedy 'Breeders' From 'Sherlock' Star Martin Freeman & 'Catastrophe' Producer Avalon
Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi's Disappearance: "The Timing Couldn't Have Been Worse"
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Latest TV News
- ITV CEO Carolyn McCall: Timing For Endemol Shine Purchase “Did Not Feel Right”
- WME To Represent Me+You Productions As ‘Sick Of It’ Producer Eyes U.S. Scripted Push
- ‘When Heroes Fly’ Hebrew Thriller From Keshet Int’l Goes To Netflix
- John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On ‘Last Week Tonight’
- ’60 Minutes’: Donald Trump Says “I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly” After Two Years…
- ‘Charmed’ Review: CW Reboot Casts A Familiar Yet “Woke” Spell On A New Generation