Kimberly Peirce, the Boys Don’t Cry helmer who last directed Stop-Loss, has come aboard the Melissa Marr fantasy novel Wicked Lovely for Universal Pictures and Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Productions. Caroline Thompson is writing the script, the first in a series about a teenaged girl who has seen dangerous faeries all her life. Taught by her grandmother to ignore them so they won’t attack, the teen realizes she must drop that and confront a world she has been raised to fear.
Kimberly Peirce On Uni's 'Wicked Lovely'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Reboots True Crime & Paranormal Series 'Unsolved Mysteries' With 'Stranger Things' EP Shawn Levy
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Books Ann Coulter, Draws ‘Real Time’ Boos
- ‘At Home With Amy Sedaris’ Cooks Up First Trailer Of Season Two
- What’s Next For Sony’s Crackle? It Could Be A Partnership Or A Sale
- Kenan Thompson Comedy ‘Saving Kenan’ & ‘Like Magic’ Get NBC Pilot Orders
- Donald Trump Tweets Victory Lap After Robert Mueller Statement Disputes Aspects Of BuzzFeed Report
- Robert Mueller’s Office: Descriptions In BuzzFeed Article “Not Accurate”