HBO, which is gearing up for the premiere of the Martin Scorsese-produced and directed drama series Boardwalk Empire, has also acquired U.S. TV rights to Scorsese’s documentary Public Speaking. Produced by Graydon Carter and Margaret Bodde, the feature-length film in the style of Scorsese’s early documentaries Italian American and American Boy showcases New York writer Fran Lebowitz, her worldview and experiences. Public Speaking, also produced by Scorsese and Lebowitz, will premiere on HBO in November. Boardwalk Empire debuts Sept. 19.
HBO Picks Up Martin Scorsese's Documentary 'Public Speaking'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
'Blade Runner 2049' Star Ana De Armas Joins Daniel Craig & Chris Evans In 'Knives Out'; Shoot Begins Next Month
Judy Blume Grants 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly Fremon Craig
Latest TV News
- President Trump Praises Congressman’s Journalist Assault While Mourning Khashoggi Death
- Stephen Colbert Dishes Dirt On White House Screaming Match
- CBS' Joe Ianniello Looks To Strengthen The Company, And Perhaps His Chances Of Making CEO Job Permanent With…
- ‘Spider-Man’ Star Tom Holland Visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! To Retrieve His Mask
- Rihanna Turns Down Super Bowl Halftime To Support Colin Kaepernick – Report
- The Steady Rise (And Perfect Timing) Of David Nevins