CBS has signed a new three-year agreement with the Broadway League and the American Theatre Wing to broadcast the Tony Awards through 2013. The Tonys are not a big ratings performer – this year’s ceremony averaged a 1.2 rating/3 share among adults 18-49 and 7 million viewers overall. But carrying the Broadway-centric awards show has become a tradition for CBS since 1978. The network will air the upcoming 65th annual Tony Awards in June 2011.
CBS Renews Tony Awards Through 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest TV News
- ‘Black Lightning’: Hosea Chanchez To Recur On Season 2 Of CW Series
- ‘Intervention’ Producer GRB Studios Strikes Co-Production Deal With Canada’s Media Ranch
- Patriots’ AFC Championship Win Snags Near Record Viewership For NFL & CBS – Update
- Nickelodeon EVP Talent, Music & Events Shelly Sumpter Gillyard Exits
- Michael Cohen Threatened CNBC To Get Donald Trump On List Of Biz World Top Dogs: Report
- Michael C. Hall To Star In One-Show-Only Broadway Skittles Musical