A lot of Lady Gaga mixed with a little Justin Bieber and some Kanye West/Taylor Swift controversy led to a big turnout for the 2010 Video Music Awards on MTV last night. The ceremony hosted by Chelsea Handler, who was mostly panned for her emcee job, averaged 11.4 million viewers and a 10.0 rating in persons 12-34 (7.9 million viewers in the demo), the network’s best deliveries for any program in 8 years, since the 2002 VMAs. Overall, this was the third most watched telecast in MTV’s history. Among the highlights (or lowlights): Gaga’s meat dress, Cher’s barely-there dress, Lindsay Lohan’s drinking advice for Handler and Handler’s stint in a bathtub with the cast of Jersey Shore cast that resulted in her getting pregnant.
CABLE RAT RACE: 11.4 Million Watch VMAs
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- With 'American Horror Story' & ‘American Animals’, Evan Peters Unpacks The Madness Of Acting And…
- Desus & Mero Set To Headline Showtime Late-Night Talk Show
- ‘The Flash’: Jessica Parker Kennedy Upped To Series Regular For Season 5
- Hulu Orders Femme Fatale Pilot ‘Reprisal’ From Warren Littlefield & A+E Studios