TORONTO: The Toronto deals are exploding! Anchor Bay Films has just closed all English-speaking rights to Beautiful Boy, the Shawn Ku-directed drama. I’m told the deal was 7-figures, negotiated by Paradigm Motion Picture Finance Group’s Ben Weiss with Anchor Bay Films’ Kevin Kasha. Deal includes a P&A commitment. Lightning Entertainment is selling foreign. It stars Maria Bello and Michael Sheen as disengaged parents of a college student who discover not only that he has been killed in a campus shooting, but that he was the triggerman who massacred other students. The picture premiered Sunday and has been a topic of buzz, particularly for those strong lead performances and Ku’s and Michael Armbruster’s script. Anchor Bay continues to raise its profile after acquiring and releasing Solitary Man and City Island. First Point Entertainment’s Lee Clay and Gold Rush Entertainment’s Eric Gozlan produced the pic.
Anchor Bay Acquires Drama 'Beautiful Boy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Is The Man In Black A Human Or Host? 'Westworld' Co-Creator Lisa Joy On Season 2 Finale & What's Next
John Oliver Blasts Cable News Coverage Of Donald Trump's "Children In Cages" Immigration Strategy And Walk Back
Jimmy Fallon Gives Rare Slap Back At Donald Trump Over "Be A Man" Slag; Host Donates To TV Scribes' Stop Border Separation Campaign - UPDATE
Donald Trump Tweet-Bombs "Filthy" Red Hen Restaurant After Eatery Asks Sarah Huckabee Sanders To Leave
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Devours $715M WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Expansion-Hungry UTA Taps Moelis & Company To Explore 40% Equity Sale
- ‘Yellowstone’ Premiere Sets Ratings Record With Nearly 5M Viewers In L+3
- Hulu And Viacom Set New Library Deal For Series And Movies
- 20th Century Fox TV Heads To Comic-Con With ‘The Passage’, ‘The Gifted’ Season 2, ‘The Orville…
- Kurt Sutter’s ‘Mayans M.C.’ To Make SDCC Debut With ‘Legion’ On Confab’s Last Day
- ‘The Proposal’ Creator Mike Fleiss Vows “To Do Better” After Contestant Scandal