EXCLUSIVE: Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly, the How I Met Your Mother writer-producers who co-wrote CBS’ pilot Livin’ on a Prayer with HIMYM creators-executive producers Carter Bays and Craig Thomas last season, are back in pilot contention with a new comedy project at ABC. The project, about a couple’s exploration of quality of life both before and after kids, is a multi-camera hybrid in the mold of HIMYM. I hear it landed at ABC with a hefty penalty after bidding from multiple networks. 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind HIMYM and Livin’ on a Prayer, is producing. Kang has been on HIMYM since after the pilot while Kelly joined at the beginning of Season 3. Both are with UTA.
ABC Picks Up Comedy From 'HIMYM' Duo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Composer Talks Traditional Japanese Sound For Shogun World & New Themes For ‘Game Of Thrones…
- NBC Buys Music Drama From ‘Nashville’ Alums, Milo Ventimiglia & Craig Brewer
- ‘One Day At A Time’: India de Beaufort & Alex Quijano To Recur In Season 3
- Stormy Daniels NOT In British ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Reportedly Pulls Out At The Last Minute
- Donald Trump “Threats” Won’t Stop Omarosa’s ‘Unhinged’, Publisher Says
- ‘America's Got Talent’ Tops Viewers, ‘Big Brother’ Wins Demo