Overseas income will continue to rise, according to consultants Screen Digest. The US share of box office will fall to 30% by 2014. America accounted for 33% of global box office revenue in 2009, down from 40% a decade ago. The US Losing Global Box Office Share report says Japan is the second biggest single market, accounting for 7.5% of box office. And France is the third most important, rising to 5.9% last year (5.3% in 1999). Russia has been the fastest growing territory over the past 10 years: its contribution grew by 2,625%. After Russia come Romania (423.3%), China (347%), Columbia (255%) and Slovakia (255%).
U.S. To Account For Just 30% Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Bill Maher Addresses Stan Lee's Death, Says Adults Pretend Comic Books Are "Sophisticated Literature"
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Daytime Emmys: Network Soaps Lift Boycott Threat But Others Will Shun Awards Over NATAS’ Response To Snafus
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
- ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald’ Snatches $74M Overseas, Hits $100M WW Through Friday
- Viggo Mortensen & Mahershala Ali Drive 'Green Book'; Willem Dafoe Paints 'At Eternity's Gate' – Specialty…
- Kelly McMahon To Succeed Retiring Joan Graves As MPAA Ratings Chief
- As Movies Become Commoditized, Toronto’s Search Engine Seeks True Love
- How Edward Norton’s EDO Is Revolutionizing The Movie Test-Screening Biz: No More Pens, No More Papers, No More Waiting