EXCLUSIVE: Add Oliver Platt to the cast of X-Men: First Class, the Matthew Vaughn-directed spinoff that 20th Century Fox puts into production next month in London. I’m told that Platt will play a role called The Man in Black, who is not a mutant. The film stars James McAvoy as Xavier, Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Alice Eve as Emma Frost, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, Caleb Landry Jones as Banshee, Lucas Till as Havoc, and Edi Gathegi as Darwin. Kevin Bacon is playing the villain and Rose Byrne will play McAvoy’s love interest Moira MacTaggert.
Platt stars with Laura Linney in the new Showtime series The Big C, and next stars opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway in the Ed Zwick-directed Love and Other Drugs. WME made his deal.
- X-Men: First Class Drafts Twilight Vampire Edi Gathegi To Play Biracial Mutant Darwin
- Kevin Bacon In Talks For ‘X-Men: First Class’ Baddie
- X-Men: First Class Finds A Beast In Nicholas Hoult
- Alice Eve Joins X-Men: First Class
- Fox Negotiating With Michael Fassbenger For Magneto Role In ‘X-Men: First Class’
- Fox Signs Vaughn To Direct X-Men: First Class And Sets June 3, 2011 Release Date
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.