Now that Jeremy Renner snagged the big male lead opposite Tom Cruise in the next Mission: Impossible, the focus of Paramount Pictures, director Brad Bird and producers Cruise and JJ Abrams are intent on filling the role of a young female operative. I’m told that Lauren German and Paula Patton are testing for the job. UPDATE: I’m told that Kristen Kreuk will also test for the role…. Superbad‘s Joe Lo Truglio is replacing Fred Armisen in the role of nudist Wayne Dunbar in Wanderlust, the Judd Apatow-produced comedy for Universal which David Wain is directing from the script he wrote with Ken Marino. Jennifer Aniston, Paul Rudd and Justin Theroux star in the comedy about a couple that detours from a mundane life to a commune. Generate-repped Lo Truglio just completed the Universal comedy Paul… Ari Graynor has landed the female lead opposite Jonah Hill in The Sitter, the David Gordon Green-directed Fox comedy. She’ll next be seen opposite Hilary Swank and Sam Rockwell in Conviction, and stars opposite Anna Faris in What’s Your Number next spring. UTA and Principal Entertainment rep her… Using Twitter (the new publicist) John Cusack informed the world today that he’ll play Edgar Allen Poe in The Raven. This isn’t going to be great news to Sylvester Stallone, whose dream is to play Poe.
CASTING: 'M:I4', 'Wanderlust', 'The Sitter'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Greenlights 'Rhythm & Flow' Music Competition Series, Sets Cardi B, Chance the Rapper & T.I. As Judges
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Could Seize As Much As $275M In Global Launch - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- YouTube Treasure Hunter Beau Ouimette & ‘!mpossible’ Host Rick Edwards Team For A+E Networks UK’s ‘River…
- ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’ Heads To China After CBS Studios International Strikes iQIYI Deal
- ‘Dark’ Creators Set ‘1899’ As Next Netflix Project
- Imprisoned Bill Cosby Gets 2019 Trial Date For 1974 Playboy Mansion Assault Case
- Bravo Cancels ‘Dirty John’ Red Carpet Ahead Of World Premiere Screening Due To Fires
- NBC Nabs ‘Red Stick’ Crime Drama From Patricia Cornwell & Matt Tolmach