Modern Family‘s comedy supporting actor Eric Stonestreet said that it wasn’t going to be uncomfortable going back to the set as the only actor to have won. After all, the show also won several other awards, including top comedy series. “We’d all joked before the show that if one of us won, the others were going to be visibly upset by punching the winner in the stomach,” he said. “But the truth is that a win for me is like a win for Sofia (Vergara) or Julie (Bowen) and Ty (Burrell) or Jesse (Tyler Ferguson). We’re proud of our show and we just love our jobs.” He also spoke of how playing a positive member of a gay couple on the series has helped to fuel support against Proposition 8. “We get amazing compliments from kids of same-sex marriage families. One guy just recently approached me and said he wanted to thank me for giving his sister ammunition for the bullies — you know, “Look at Mitch and Cam,! They’re like my family, and you like them.” — Ray Richmond is contributing to Deadline Hollywood’s Emmy coverage.
EMMYS BACKSTAGE: Eric Stonestreet
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- DHS Secy Nielsen Insists “We Are Country Of Compassion” As She Touts Trump’s Child Snatching…
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- Phil Gurin To Executive Produce Revamped Miss America Competition