EXCLUSIVE: Colm Meaney is set to star opposite Anson Mount in AMC’s period drama pilot Hell on Wheels. The Endemol USA/Entertainment One-produced Western centers on Cullen (Mount), a former Confederate soldier tracking down the Union soldiers who killed his wife who winds up working on the Nebraska prairie’s Hell on Wheels’ portion of the transcontinental railroad. Meaney will play Thomas “Doc” Durant, a businessman determined to make his fortune building the transcontinental railroad, a man of vision and a self-serving opportunist who is capable of “creative financing.” Meaney joins previously cast Mount, Dominique McElligott and rapper-actor Common. Meaney, most recently seen in Get Him to the Greek, is repped by Innovative and manager Rick Ax.
Colm Meaney To Star In 'Hell On Wheels'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
Latest TV News
- BBC Introduces NFL’s Rooney Rule As It Aims To Increase BAME Representation
- Alan Sugar, Star Of BBC’s ‘The Apprentice’, Under Fire For ‘Racist’ Tweet About Senegal’s World…
- Avalon COO Tim Robinson Leaves ‘Last Week Tonight With John Oliver’ Producer
- Endemol Shine Group Calls In Banks To Explore Sale
- ‘Vanity Fair’ Trailer: First-Look At ITV & Amazon’s Adaptation Of The Classic Napoleonic Novel
- The BBC Lines Up Quirky Saturday Night Quiz Format ‘The Time It Takes’ With ‘Taskmaster’ Star…